The great danger in today’s world, pervaded as it is by consumerism, is the desolation and anguish born of a complacent and covetous heart, the feverish pursuit of frivolous pleasures and a blunted conscience.
- Cardinal Coutts: in Pakistan the Poor are Victims of a Double Tragedy
- Bishop in South Sudan Urges Peace
- Caritas in Colombia Helps Plan and Rebuild a River Port in Catatumbo Region, Near Venezuela
- Archbishop Charles Brown appointed nuncio to the Philippines
- Cardinal Zen Appeals to the Pope: Please Send a Faithful Shepherd to Hong Kong