The Basilica of Ss Peter and Paul in the Lombard town of Agliate was built between the mid-9th and mid-11th centuries, but owes its current appearance to significant restorations done in the 1890s. A significant amount of ancient Roman material was incorporated into the structure of the church, which has three naves, as well as the sacristy, bell-tower and detached baptistery. Thanks once again to Nicola for the pictures.The bell-tower and baptistery on the south side of the church.In 1578, during a pastoral visit by St Charles Borromeo, the altar in the baptistery’s apse was demolished, and a reliquary in

Open this link in a new window ... http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/