According to Quo primum, S Pius V mandated that rites more than 200 years old should continue to be used unless the Bishop and the unanimous Chapter agreed to their replacement. In England, of course, these canonical measures were never able to be taken. Arguably, the Sarum Missal is still licit.
- Court: Vermont Can’t Exclude Catholic School Student from College Tuition Program
- Pope Francis: Ask God for unity to ‘overcome scandal of division’ among Christians
- When Refusing Communion is an Act of Love
- ‘This image is very offensive to many people’: Poland’s ‘rainbow halo’ trial begins
- Will Sen. Manchin’s Focus on Moderation Come at the Expense of His Catholic Principles?