We hear a lot of the Bible at Sunday Mass. There are four readings every week, although the fourth one is usually ignored. Everyone remembers the Old Testament reading and the Gospel because they are always linked, as they are today—the nineteenth Sunday of ordinary time—in that God showed himself to Elijah only after a high wind and an earthquake, just as Jesus was recognized and honoured by the disciples after he had calmed the storm.
- Cardinal Becciu, Top Vatican Hatchet Man, Has Unexpectedly Resigned
- Vatican Cardinal Angelo Becciu Resigns From Office and ‘Rights’ of Cardinals
- Final Summary on You-Know-What
- Uyghur detention centers in Xinjiang expanding, researchers find
- Nova Scotia case continues. Katherine is trying to prevent the wrongful euthanasia death of her husband.